|THINKING FOR A CHANGE
JOHN C. MAXWELL
Get more money,more life, fun right now.
Start your adventure here--------->
1. What does it mean to be a good thinker?
• Unsuccessful people focus their thinking on survival.
• Average people focus their thinking on maintenance
• Successful people focus their thinking on progress
Are you are willing to change your thinking? Can you can change your feelings? If
you change your feelings, you can change your actions. Changing your
actions – based on good thinking – can change your life.
• You can control you thoughts
• Feelings come from thoughts.
• You control feelings by controlling thoughts
. Once you become a better thinker, the good ideas just keep coming. Thinking is
hard work; that’s why so few ever do it.
Changed thinking is worth the investment. It’s investing in yourself and changed
thinking is a gift you can give others.
1. Changing your thinking changes your beliefs.
• Change is personal – I need to change.
• Change is possible – I’m able to change
• Change is Profitable –
I’ll be rewarded by change.
2. Changing your beliefs changes your expectations.
Often the only thing that stands in a man’s way is the will
to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible.
A belief is not just an idea that you possess; it is
an idea that possesses you.
The first and most important step toward success is the
expectation that we can succeed.
3. Changing your expectations changes your attitude.
Negative expectations are a quick route to dead-end thinking.
Positive expectations bring a positive attitude. They bring
excitement, conviction, desire, confidence, commitment, and energy. If you would
like to possess these qualities in great
abundance then raise your expectations.
4. Changing your attitude changes your behavior.
That which holds our attention determines our actions. Your behavior follows your
5. Changing your behavior changes your performance.
Don’t ever be impressed with goal setting. Be impressed with goal getting.
6. Changing your performance changes your life. When you change your
performance on a consistent basis you have the power to change your life.
The Next Level
Progress always requires change. Going to a new level always requires changing
your mind. (key: it’s who you associate with)
Thinking question: Is my desire for success and to improve my life strong enough to
prompt me to change my thinking?
3. Master the process of intentional thinking.
Good thinkers are always in demand. A person who know how may always have a
job, but the person who know why will always be his boss. Good thinkers solve
problems, they never lack ideas that can build an organization, and they always
have hope for a better future.
Putting yourself in the right place to think. Becoming a good thinker is not difficult. It’s
a discipline. If you go to your special place. . . a designated thinking place. . .
expecting to generate good thoughts, then eventually you will come up with some.
Find a place to shape your thoughts. Ask questions about your ideas. Fine tune
them. One of the best ways to do that is put your thoughts in writing.
Thinking question: Am I willing to pay the price to cultivate the habit of giving birth to,
nurturing, and developing
great thoughts every day?
This is a very insightful and useful book. It can change your life.
I give it five stars. Buy it.